Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:31:22 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Yeah, the QEII (I think) ran aground about 20 years ago just off the
Elizabeth Islands on Cape Cod and in one of the most heavily traveled
areas of New England. The chart turned out to be wrong.

--

Much more recent than that. I kept a copy of the last chart edition
before the grounding just to show people.

It was surveyed quite promptly after the grounding. THe new edition
looks very different.

BTW, the previous survey was not 100 years old. It was 1939. WW2
intervened or I expect the job would have been completed.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you