Paul Schilter

Doug,
Aren't most cockpits self bailing? So in order to flood the cockpit
wouldn't you have to flood the engine room? Which would amount to
sinking the boat. I speaking of a power boat.
Paul

Doug Dotson wrote:
Why would the engines care about flooding the cockpit?

"Paul Schilter" wrote in message

dbohara,
This is funny, if you used the space blanket with the reflective side out
you'd light up like a bulb on the radar screen. I believe stealth
technology is based on absorbing the energy and then having acute angles
on the surface so the reflection that is left is diverted away. Floods his
cockpit? I don't think the engines would like this. The solution is
LEAD!!! Construct the whole boat of LEAD!!! :-)
Paul

wrote:
snipped

THIS IS PURELY HYPOTHETICAL. I have nothing to hide, jeez. Really,
all this is about is my belief that some people are so reliant on high
tech stuff that they forget about elegant low tech solutions. Would
covering the entire boat with an aluminized "space blanket" with no
exposed edges or folds reduce the radar cross section much? I assume
the metal shrouds produce significant radar return so they are a
problem unless he somehow replaced them. We can assume that he either
doesnt run his engine or that he floods his cockpit partway to hide the
engine IR signature.
Go fast boats are probably easier to see than a small sailboat as their
power output is so high.