Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:24:56 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

There is a tide lock at the St. Peter (SW) end. Each end of the lock
has gates facing both ways. It prevents flow in and out.

How does having this configuration have any advantage? I've never
seen a lock like this.

It is the only one I have seen. There is very little vertical
movement. The gates close in a shallow V, so the water pressure holds
them closed, whrn it pushes on the pointy side. Thus:

I hope this makes sense. represents a gate that opens to the left.

Its main purpose is to prevent rapid currents.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

Ask not with whom the buck stops . . .