-v-

Default Oil & Plug Opinions

None ever wore out. If you change your oil and filters regularly there is no
real advantage to synthetic oil.

"Frank Taylor, Jr." wrote in message
It would have made your engines last longer than they they did with
conventional oil.

I've never had and engine failure either. That's not the point. The

point
is, do you want your rings and bearings worn out and ready for the junk

yard
at 150,000 miles or at 500,000 miles.

"-v-" wrote in message
om...

"Frank Taylor, Jr." wrote in message
Synthetic oil is definitely much better than conventional oil. My

boat
has
a Volvo engine and I use nothing but synthetic in the engine and in

the
outdrive. I also use nothing but synthetic in my truck.

The way I see it, if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Frank

I have been driving for 34 years and boating for 14 years. I have never

used
synthetic oil.

I have never had an engine failure except one raw water cooled inboard

that
corroded out after 6 years and 1300 hours in salt water.

What would synthetic oil have done for me during all that time except

cost
lot of money?