In the mid -80s, i worked for a defense contractor. We heard budget
cuts were coming and were instructed to be on the lookout for civilian
applications of our work. One guy whose specialty was figuring ways to
reduce radar cross sections of things moaned to me that no civilian
would be interested in his work. I told him that if he could figger a
way to really reduce the radar cross section of a DC-3, I was sure I
could find some Columbian "Entrpreneurs" who would pay a lot for it.
He gave me a blank look at first and then said "Thats not funny". I
thought it was.