Doug Kanter

Default Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads?

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
.. .
We had a Vickie for a few years. Nice car, kinda hard on gas, and it

scared
people at night who thought they had a cop behind them. It died of a head
gasket issue and drove itself to the junkyard.

I escaped the "grandpa" stuff because everyone knew it was a "winter car"

my 68 Vette. I had a tendency to get BIG 2nd cars, in part as a counter to
the rather spartan living conditions inside the Vette. My favorite of

these
was a '68 Caddy convertable that I had in the very early 80's.

Next time you have an hour to kill and you're around a Ford/Merc dealer, see
if they have a Marauder available for a test drive. It's a REALLY cool car.
But, as you mentioned, everyone you get behind will slow down, which will
drive you nuts. That even used to happen with my '92 white Taurus. The
grille was almost identical to that of the Crown Vics of that time period.
Looked like an unmarked car.

Things are better now with the Tacoma pickup. It's high enough off the
ground that one flash of the brights burns the retinas of the driver in
front of me, and they drive right off the road into the woods.