Jim Conlin

Robert or Karen Swarts wrote:

Latex house paint? I have used this on a plywood scow I built, and it worked
pretty well, but as an overcoat for fiberglass?

BS

"Jim Conlin" wrote in message
news

It depends entirely on your standards and expectations.
If you want the gloss and longevity of the original gelcoat and will do a
lot of work om the preparation, then two-part poluyrethane paint
(interthane, awlgrip) systems are the choice.
If gloss doesn't matter and you'll tolerate more rapid weatrhering and
lower scuff toughness, then the various urethane-modified alkyd
paints(Brightside, Toplac) will do.
If you want it to have a discenable color and weather well, acrylic latex
housepaint will do.

Epoxy paints are tough paints for garage floors. They don't weather well.
Easypoxy is not an epoxy.
Robert or Karen Swarts wrote:

Do any of you have suggestions or opinions regarding the best type of
paint (urethane, epoxy, gel coat, etc) to refinish the topsides of a gel
coated hull?

Thanks,
Bob Swarts

It all depends on your standards. How low are they?