Gould 0738

Default Smily faces

Don't waste your time bitching about all the OT stuff. Just take what you
need and leave the rest (Joan Baez (sp) circa. '66).

You spelled Baez correctly, but your attribution is tenuous.

That line is from "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down," by Robbie Robertson
(The Band).

"I don't mind them choppin' wood
And I don't care if the money's no good
Take what you need and leave the rest
But they should never have taken the very best...

It was the night they drove ol' Dixie down, etc"

Joan covered the song about 1969 or 70, and did a credible job.

Still say that Joan had the best voice of any female vocalist in the 60's.
Spectacular range and control. She didn't generate the raw, sexual energy on
stage like, say, Janis Joplin ((what a loss her
early self destruction was)) but she had a great talent by any classical
definition.

I don't listen to much music except rock and blues, but I do treasure one of
JB's
later CD's, "Diamonds and Rust in the Bull Ring." I can recommend it without
reservation. Baez sings in Spanish on several numbers, a genuine treat for the
ears!