Sal's Dad

If they did go forward with that product, it would probably be in the big
billets they sell for dock floats. Your local distributor will probably
have no clue; my information came from a Dow product manager, 6 or 8 or 10
years ago; at that time they were working on development.

Sal's Dad

"Brian D" wrote in message

I wonder where one could get some of the vermin/growth resistant variety?
I'll check around ...thanks for the heads up.

Brian D

"Sal's Dad" wrote in message

"Ed Lindsey" wrote in message
First, thanks to everyone who weighed in on floation foam. sounds like
the blue sheet foam is what I need. It will be glued to under gunnels
and inside transom lockers, so expanding foam is ot an option.

Brian, Sounds like you did a lot of work. Thanks for sharing the
process and results. Blue foam it is, and a helluva lot less expensive
then the stuff I was finding.

Just one note - "Blue" is Dow foam; the "Pink" by Owens-Corning is very
similar in most respects The folks in Midland Michigan (Dow country)
might take issue. As I recall, Dow had a number of different blue foams,
for different applications. When I visited them some years back, they
were even developing a vermin/marine growth resistant formulation) Which
you choose depends on what lumberyard you frequent. There may be other
brands, as well.

Sal's Dad