Sean Sullivan NYC

Default Ownership Question/Survey

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, this is a time share operation,
you are exactly right. I'm wondering though... how often does one
REALLY use their boat? I go sailing for a week in August, and at
least every other weekend in the beginning of the season. Then, it
drops off toward September. I calculated about 23 days of actual
sailing a season, which isn't far off. I think you may have a chance
to use your boat more often than me, which is why this deal seemed to
make sense to me, and not to you.

The company has assured me they would be selling the boat at the end
of the 6 year period, then cutting checks to the owners. That was the
equity I was talking about. Does that make things any different?

Anyway, I know what you mean about the company. I won't be able to
tell if they do proper maintenance or not. That could affect the
value of my share of the boat in the long run. I had better check
them out as well.

Thank you very much for your time and your response. I will be
careful!

Sean

Wayne.B wrote in message . ..
On 13 Dec 2003 21:55:56 -0800, (Sean
Sullivan NYC) wrote:

They also will return my equity after
a 6 year period.

What equity?

This is basically a time share operation and everything depends on
what kind of boating you like to do, AND most importantly, the quality
and commitment of the management company. If they have no track
record that you can check, and they probably don't, you have no way of
knowing whether or not they'll still be around in a year, or if the
boats will be well maintained. That's a big risk in my opinion.
Meanwhile you'll be paying about $300 per day on the water which is
probably on the low side for a heavily used boat of that size.