Paul Tomblin wrote:

Yakima and Thule both make good racks that work with the Corolla. I
bought one for my 1992 Corolla, and had to buy new towers for my 2002
Corolla because the '92 had rain gutters and the '02 doesn't. You

don't
have to run the straps through the windows, just tie the canoe to the
rack - it's on pretty sturdily.

I noticed that Yakima sells these L shaped things called gunwale
brackets that go on the rack to keep the canoe from sliding from side
to side. Are they any good? It seems to me it would make it harder to
get the canoe on top of the car since you would have to guide it thru
those brackets.

Thanks for the info!