Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
I'm about to trade in my pickup truck for a Toyota Corolla. What would
be the best/easist way to transport my 16' canoe? I want to be able to
load it myself. I was thinking about some good quality racks, like
Yakima, and then use some good straps thru the windows so I don't have
to worry about the rack coming off.
Also how hard is it to remove the racks? Should I just leave them on?

Yakima and Thule both make good racks that work with the Corolla. I
bought one for my 1992 Corolla, and had to buy new towers for my 2002
Corolla because the '92 had rain gutters and the '02 doesn't. You don't
have to run the straps through the windows, just tie the canoe to the
rack - it's on pretty sturdily.

I leave mine on when I know I'm going to be paddling again in a few days,
otherwise I take it off. It's not hard, just annoying. I'm a little
worried that it might be doing damage to the seal around the door, but I
haven't seen evidence of it yet.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/