Tim

Being a boater and not a trucker, I don't know what the load is for the

units you're talking about. My Balmar puts out 95-100 Amps for several
hours a day while traveling. The previous one did 84 Amps, the one
before that had smaller batteries so it only ran at about 60 Amps. (All

are still in service AFAIK.)

Very good Jeff.

The origional question was about the alternator running too hot and
questioning the service life.

I was stating that if the current load far exceeds the units spec's
then a person should investigate getting a unit that is designed for
that load capacity.

i was using the "truck/ bus & rescue equipment" for examples, that
these things can have very heavy amp draws, and you don't find small
"hot-rodded" units on them.

Tim