jps

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

In article ,
says...

You made the claim "power to the people", which is incorrect anytime you
have to depend on government to provide for you. True "power to the
people" would be the individual's power to determine their own destiny
independant of any governmental entity.

Well Dave, as soon as you become an MD you too can have control over
diagnosing and prescribing treatment and medication for yourself. Of
course, you'll have to have training in all disciplines of medicine if
you expect to have power to determine "your own destiny."

Get real.

What we were discussing is a living wage and what's necessary for a
person to live a decent life that includes food, a house, heat and a way
to be able to consult a doctor and be cared for when you're ailing.

You've already said that poor folks who don't have medical coverage or
access to health care should just go die somewhere so I don't see where
this thread is taking us.

You and I disagree on the basic value of a human life.