trainfan1

Mike G wrote:

As a side note, I once had a Triumph TR 650C. One winter I stripped the
engine down and quasi blue printed it. Mostly just cleaning up the
moving parts, polishing, removing flashings from the connecting rods and
rocker arm assembly, in general just taking off excess metal down close
to what the optimal specs said they should be. No new pistons, shaved
heads, etc. Come spring I ran it down to the shop and had it put on a
dyno. Picked up around 8 HP just for shaving off not too many ounces of
excess metal.

Wish I could say the same for the Lucas electrics though.

Thanks again and take care.
Mike

Moving parts... that's reciprocating mass as you've described. That
will make a difference... but with a prop, in water, the extra
performance of a ss prop far outweighs the negligible additional
rotational mass of a 7.5" radius, partial wheel, with most of the mass
even closer to the center... especially comparing the difference from
alum to ss. Thrust into the water is the force you are dealing with
here. Heck, 4 blade props weighing 33%+ more than a 3 blade don't even
make a noticeable difference do to mass.

Rob