Dave Hall

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:47:08 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:
On 05 Jan 2005 16:18:39 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

THAT is the problem. They'll defend the right of people to do just
about anything. I don't believe that certain things should be allowed
to be displayed in public out of respect. I don't want to see bare
chested women, (or men) walking around in public. I don't think the
KKK has a right to exist let along parading around in a public parade.
I don't want to see drag queens flaunting their abhorrent , deviant
behavior in a public parade that I want to take my 5 year old to.

In summary, you support the first amendment only as long as those exercising
freedom of speech confine that speech to something *you* think is appropriate.

No, I believe that freedom of expression (speech is only one aspect of
it) should be limited to those activities which are deemed appropriate
by the majority of society. What *I* think is only relevant if it is
in agreement with what the majority wants.

Your kinds of limitation on freedom of expression is what leads to
pogroms, genocide, and ethnic cleansing.

Harry, you are too busy admiring every word you write to ever take the
time to understand what other people really think.

Dave