Frank Taylor, Jr.

Default Oil & Plug Opinions

Synthetic oil is definitely much better than conventional oil. My boat has
a Volvo engine and I use nothing but synthetic in the engine and in the
outdrive. I also use nothing but synthetic in my truck.

The way I see it, if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Frank

"Bear" wrote in message
om...
(Bear) revised earlier message
. com...

'97 Chapparal w/ a Volvo-Penta 5.7L Carb w/ SX Outdrive

Questions:

1) Volvo pushes synthetics for crankcase and outdrive, yet all the
boat places around me (Austin - San Antonio) said to use regular
20w-50 motor oil in crankcase and non-suynthetic in outdrive...
Of course they said to change every 100 hours or per season.
Experience / Opinions?

2) Any thoughts / experience on spark plugs for this motor???

Thanks!