Garth Almgren

On 1/4/2005 2:42 AM, Grumpy wrote:

Is there
way to work out if there are supports under the floor, or are the more
likely to be in certain areas, I do not really want to cut/damage them
installing the port. Any ideas thanks

Electronic stud finder, maybe? I don't know if those things will shoot
through plywood... How about the old-fashioned tap-tap method?

Every manufacturer does it differently. My 14' has three fore-and-aft
stringers, two full-length, and one that is a bit shorter for bilge
access. It also has three support bulkheads at even intervals. The deck
doesn't even touch the center stringer, but attaches to the outboard
stringers and the bulkheads.

You can see the end of the stringers and the aft-most bulkhead of my
Glastron in the picture below.

http://home.comcast.net/~galmgren/gl...transom018.jpg

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing