Lamont Cranston

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:27:46 -0500, "NOYB" wrote:

"Lamont Cranston" wrote in message
.. .
It's actually
getting to the point where an engine manufacturer has to have an
available boat line to market their engines.

It reached that point long ago when Yamaha acquired Century and Cobia just
so they'd have some boats to hang their newer motors on.

The boat business is getting like the car business. You can't buy a Ford
with a Chevy engine...and you can't buy a Brunswick boat with a
non-Brunswick engine.

Bombardier tried it with the Hydra Sports/Fish Hawk line, but it
failed miserably. I've heard rumors that they are going to try again
with a completely new design.

The one nice deal with my Contender was that it came sans engines - in
fact it was ordered that way and when the guy backed out of the deal,
the dealer had a blank boat. I was in the right place at the right
time.