Rich Hampel

Ultra-sole
Ultra-sole is a WONDERFUL slip resistant varnish for cabin soles,
especially when wetted does not have the 'slick' characteristics as
standard varnishes.

If you use throw rugs, get them with rubber backing. the rubber will
typically last 5 years and then harden and become slippery.

In article .com,
larry wrote:

I am going to re-varnish the cabin sole and am concerned about traction
in wet conditions. Should I add a non slip maerial such as walnut
shells or micro balloons? If so, given a 4 coat application, which
coat should contain what additive? TIA Larry