NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
Brunswick announced today it has acquired Sea Pro Boats, Inc., and Sea
Boss Boats, LLC, of Newberry, S.C., the makers of the Sea Pro, Palmetto
and Sea Boss brands of sal****er fishing boats. The Sea Pro, Sea Boss and
Palmetto brands will join with Brunswick's Boston Whaler to form a new
Sal****er Boat Group.
Michael W. Myers, currently president of Boston Whaler, will head up the
new business unit, and will report directly to Dustan E. McCoy, president
of the Brunswick Boat Group. The Sal****er Boat Group, will be based in
Edgewater, Florida.

McCoy commented that Mike Myers was "a 17-year veteran of the boating
industry," and has done "an excellent job of solidifying the reputation
and raising the profile of Boston Whaler, one of the most prominent
brands in boating. With the combination of the well-known and respected
Sea Pro, Sea Boss and Palmetto brands, a stalwart management team and a
dedicated organization focusing on sal****er, the Brunswick Boat Group
will now have a more meaningful presence in offshore fishing, and a more
complete and potent line-up for our dealers."

I don't know if this is good or bad. I don't like the fact that there
are now 3 more boat lines that will only be offered with Mercs.

SeaPro is a pretty decent line of low-to-mid priced salt water boat. The
company has modern factories and good QC. I agree, though, that buyers
should be able to purchase a boat with the engine of their choice. When I
bought our Parker, my choice with the model I wanted was Yamaha. I would
have preferred two 150 hp Merc FI's

There's nothing wrong with Mercs. However, after 110 trouble-free hours on
a Suzuki 250 Four-stroke, I'd opt for Suzuki motors if I were buying a new
boat. My brother has nearly 300 hours on a Suzuki 140 four-stroke without
any problems either.

First, Merc whines that they're losing money because of Japanese dumping.
Now, they pony up $51 million to buy three boat lines. It sure makes you
wonder if they were really losing money...or if they just wanted to raise
the price of outboards in order to raise more cash to buy more boat lines.