Doug Kanter

Default Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads?

"Gfretwell" wrote in message
Around here (upstate NY), pontoon boats tend to be owned by the same

people
who think a K-car is just a bit too wild.

Folks around here are discovering that a pontoon boat makes a pretty good

back
bay fishing boat if you set it up center console and toss all of that
furniture.
I use the truck tool boxes for my gear.
Carpet on glued top of the box makes a good walking surface. When granny

wants
to go for a ride, just bring along a lawn chair.
That makes this a very low maintenance boat.
One advantage of a pontoon is that you can mount the engine a lot higher

so it
runs "on the step" with the cavitation plate just under water and when it

sets
down it is only a few inches below that. That makes a boat that will run

in a
bit over a foot of water at idle speed without tearing up the bottom. Not

many
flats boats (none?) can do that.

Hey....I don't doubt that they can be set up and used creatively. I just
made an observation of what I see most of the time around here. Sort
like...mention a Crown Victoria in front of 50 guys and the mental picture
48 will have will involve a very old driver.