Paul Schilter

Harry,
Have you read where some Texans want to built a 1/4 mile WIDE super
highway. Something like 6 car lanes, two truck lanes, a train track,
utilities including fiber optic cable. From what the article said the
Republicans (party in control) weren't even supporting the idea. Of course
most of those that would have to give up land for it are against it. It's
supposed to parallel route 35 if I remember correctly. I don't think it will
come to fruitation but they sure do have an imagination down there.
Paul

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

snipped

I95 is a horrific drive...the highway is overloaded with cars and trucks,
it hasn't enough lanes, and, as you point out, when there's any sort of
accident, there are hours of delays. The section I like least is between
DC and Richmond.

We need another major N-S highway from NY to Florida, but, of course, this
country no longer has the resources or the will to undertake major
infrastructure improvement.