Chris Naylor

Chris Naylor wrote:
Hi - please excuse the crosspost - I wasn't sure which group to post
to - sorry!

Right. having just bought my first baot after being paddling for a
few years now (the joys of being involved with scouting and having
access to boats!). After paddling a number of different boats I
decided to buy an Inazone 242 as I found it a great boat for both
coaching and playing in (can't afford to have 2 seperate boats!).
Anyway. The footrest on the boat doesn't seem very stable, in fact it
wobbles around like jelly! I've tried using the larger of the 2
plates supplied, but if I use that one I can't get enough legroom to
paddle comfortably. If I put the footrest back enough to stop it
rattling it is too far away to be any use! I've noticed that a few of
the other inazone's that i have paddles have all had foam type
footrests fitted in them (shock bloc I think they call them?). Does
anybody know if it is possible to retro fit the foam type footrests
into the newer style inazone's, if so where can I get them from? If
not does anyone have any sugestions as to how to make the footrests
seem more stable?

Cheers for any info

All is now well in the world of my footrests - took me a trip up to RoHo and
in exchange for a pricely sum of £2 got myself rather more foam than I can
shake a paddle at - oh ok about 4 times the size that I needed but it was an
offcut anyhow!

All I need now is a few days when I'm not using my boat and some contact
adhesive now!
--
Chris Naylor
Cut the nonsense to reply

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities
in our air and water that are doing it."- Governor George W. Bush