katysails

Choppie likes going to the vets...we've known this guy since he graduated
from med school way back in 1972....Choppie boards there when we go far away
and the girls in the kennel take him out to play...he's never really been
sick except for a few ear infections so I'm thinking he doesn't feel very
well...

"DSK" wrote in message
katysails wrote:
I used too much bluing on him once and he was the lovliest shade of sky
blue when the sun shone on him...

You mean like a Pict?!?

... he's mopey right now...Uncle Ray the vet said he ahs to have some
surgery to remove a dewclaw that grew back and infected...he regrew his
whole digit! Now it needs to be amputated.

Yuck. One of our Chesapeakes had the same problem.

... I think he knows what we were talking about because he's sulking in
front of the fireplace and won't play with his toys.

Smart dog. He's probably worried.

We've been lucky in that our dogs have *loved* going to the vet. It's
true that we cultivate this attitude by making it as much of a treat as
possible for them. Our old dog was a star, everybody quit work and came
over to talk to him and make a fuss.

Regards
Doug King