Eric H

Default NEW Boat Profit Margins

You've been reading some bad fora. Early problems are usually due to
dealer set-up and rigging and are easily remedied. Warranty issues become
apparent over the first couple of boating seasons and require more extensive
solutions.
My 2001 model suffered a shift problem that under went several reasonable
"fixes". This summer I decided I had reached the end of my rope. I now have
a new 2004 outboard with a full 3 year warranty.

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Konnie" wrote in message

My mate and I are considering purchasing a 22' or 23' Chaparral runabout.

At whatever price, arrange to take delivery 'launch ready' at least 60 to 90
days before you anticipate your true boating season to begin. Based on my
reading of this and other boating fora, it will take at least that long to
resolve warranty claims with a new boat.

JG