swatcop

Default Rec.boats ??

(snip) Actually, there are "newsgroup police", but not here.

Just so I understand you correctly, who is "he" and "him"?

"He" is not you.

You seem to be suggesting that "anything goes", but I may have it
wrong.

Not ANYTHING, just things that are legal.

There are specific conventions of Usenet Protocol which discourage the
posting of off-topic material in a group. Are you suggesting that it
doesn't matter?

No, I'm not saying that it doesn't matter. What I'm saying is that it's not
against the law. You yourself just said "which DISCOURAGE the posting of
off-topic material..." "Discouraged" by definition does not equal
"forbidden," so I guess things like off-topic posting are just one of life's
little annoyances that we have to deal with. It may suck, but the newsgroup
police aren't going to show up at his door and yank his computer out of the
wall.
--
-= swatcop =-

"If it wasn't for stupid people I'd be unemployed."