Ewan Scott

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:09:50 -0000, "Chris Naylor"
wrote:

Hi - please excuse the crosspost - I wasn't sure which group to post to -
sorry!

Right. having just bought my first baot after being paddling for a few years
now (the joys of being involved with scouting and having access to boats!).
After paddling a number of different boats I decided to buy an Inazone 242
as I found it a great boat for both coaching and playing in (can't afford to
have 2 seperate boats!). Anyway. The footrest on the boat doesn't seem very
stable, in fact it wobbles around like jelly! I've tried using the larger of
the 2 plates supplied, but if I use that one I can't get enough legroom to
paddle comfortably. If I put the footrest back enough to stop it rattling it
is too far away to be any use! I've noticed that a few of the other
inazone's that i have paddles have all had foam type footrests fitted in
them (shock bloc I think they call them?). Does anybody know if it is
possible to retro fit the foam type footrests into the newer style
inazone's, if so where can I get them from? If not does anyone have any
sugestions as to how to make the footrests seem more stable?

Cheers for any info

Chris,

You can buy foam block and cut it to shape to customise your boat. You
can use it, with Duck Tape, to pad out your seat to give hip grips as
well.

Where did you buy the boat? We just bought two new boats from
Brookbank, a Wavesport, which came with a fitting kit, and a Method
Air which came with pre cut foam pads to slot into place.

You can also buy ratchet footrests that bolt into the side of the
boat.

I'm surprised you bought a 242. I'd have thought that you would have
been teased into getting into a smaller boat - we were :-) It was
scary on white water at first, but you get used to it.

Ewan Scott