L.B.R.

wrote

2 to 3 grand. id like to get it under a 1000$. it is sitting on a
nice tralier. and how much running can i do out of the water. how
quick do this things heat up? iv drove my car a little with no water
in it, but did not let it get to warm. can you run this boat for 3 to 5
min with no water going throught it, at idle with out hurting it?

No, whatever you do, do NOT run it out of water. You need water to not only
cool it, but also to lubricate the impeller that moves the cooling
water...unless you can get a tank of water big enough to hold enough water
to submerge the lower unit enough, you will have to take it to a lake or
river or a water body of some sort. That's my only comment...whatever you
do, do not run it out of the water...heck don't even try to turn it over
once out of water...you can get little devices that attach to a garden hose
that will feed water to the cooling system, so you might be able to find one
of these for this boat.