Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Albert P. Belle Isle wrote:

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:36:21 GMT, Bruce in Alaska
wrote:

In article ,
Albert P. Belle Isle wrote:

Yes

Bruce in alaska

Bruce -

Thanks for responding.

I plan to place the output of a 1-30MHz Polyphaser isolator (fed from
my AT140 with less than 6" of hot lead) within 8" of the solid deck
area through which my lower shroud is fed. From there I can run the
GTO15 directly up to the mid-point of the leading edge of each
spreader, and connect it near the top of the (aluminum) mast.

With the mast and Polyphaser grounds connected to the keel (and
isolated by the Polyphaser from my DC/60Hz grounds that single-point
to the prop shaft), I hope to end up with a 50ft folded monopole whose
wire radiator is parallel to and separated from the mast by about one
foot.

I'd like to make as small a penetration next to the shroud turnbuckle
as possible, and am looking for any tips you might have on waterproof
bulkhead-penetrating connector options for the in-cabin and above-deck
portions of the GTO15.

I've tried to describe the overall scheme in the hope that you might
also comment on it.

Thanks for your time.

Al
s/v Persephone
Newburyport, MA

What is the deck made out of? (material) Is it conductive? (metal)
If so, then a Thru-House insulator will be required, and should be at
least 2" in diameter. If not, then anything would do, but a Thru-House
insulator is still the thing to use for that job. Remeber that the
GTO-15 IS part of the antenna, so don't strap it to any other structure.
I suspect that your PolyPhaser isn't going to provide the RF Ground that
you think it will, as compared to REAL RF Ground, but that is just an
opinion.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @