Bruce in Alaska

In article .com,
"larry" wrote:

A PCMIA card sounds like the way to go.I'll start looking at antennas
and patterns. An adjustable focus (like in a flashlight ) would be
cool. Larry

Never seen one of those, (adjustable focus (like in a flashlight ))
but I have used WiFi for links up to 16 miles with external antennas.
I have an open WiFi connection that I make available for vessels
that come visit my port in Alaska, using WAP's located at the dock,
and on 60' antenna towers at both ends of town. Works very well,
unless your an XP user and then it is problematic due to MicroSquuash's
truely BAD Software. 2000Pro works very well.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @