prodigal1

Tamaroak wrote:
My bride and I are considering taking a year off and doing the Great
Circle Route/Loop, a mere 5000 miles around the east coast, the Erie
Canal and the Tenn-Tom. We would take our boys who will be 14 and 15 and
home schooling them on the boat, using a prepared curriculum and a
satellite Internet connection.

Does anyone out there have any experience in this type of adventure?

Capt. Jeff

1st...Happy Christmas whether you celebrate it or not, the sentiments I
send are good ones
2nd...my,my what a hornet's nest you've upturned

to the point, which many of the pointy-headed axe-grinders in this
thread seem to have missed (perhaps they've missed out on a good
publicly funded education and judging by some of the comments, they have!)
1. Home-schooling is a great alternative. You're going to give your
kids a once-in-a-lifetime experience
2. Contact your local school board and ask what they have to offer in
the way of distance education
3. If they have nothing, contact www.edu.gov.on.ca and see if there's
anything the Ontario government can offer you in the way of distance
education curriculum and/or credit. Quite a few foreign systems have
programs which offer the Ontario curriculum with the opportunity to get
credit.
4. Given the foregoing you are forewarned that the curriculum has been
created by a bunch of lazy, selfish, union scum (like my Masters
educated wife) who have no interest in the welfare of your child-at
least according to the cognoscenti who have responded to your thread-
but be that as it may, it is a good option you can investigate.

Go for it!