Alan Gomes

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:12:02 GMT, "Alan Gomes" said:

And as for the teacher's union, we got her out of that
years ago (though we are obligated to pay a relatively small amount of
dues
that goes to the collective bargaining portion, but nothing that goes to
support their political agenda).

You're fortunate. Unions have been doing everything they can to make sure
nobody knows about that required option.

Dave,
There's a great organization called the National Right to Work Association
that gives step-by-step instructions for how to get out of the teacher's
union and receive back a sizeable rebate in the dues. They are at
http://www.nrtw.org/. Using their materials we have helped several teachers
at my wife's school do the same.

It's too bad that we have to pay them anything at all. But at least we no
longer have to pay them the bulk of the dues, especially because that's the
part that they use to advance an agenda with which we are in 1000%
disagreement.
--Alan