Brian Whatcott

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:43:40 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Just put the finishing touches on the forward stateroom. The last thing was
a 6 drawer stack. Stainless full extention slides with push-pull latches.
Perfectly aligned with an even 1/32" clearance around all the drawer faces.
As I was admiring my work I suddenly remembered that this is a boat! Things
move!

Now I am worried that once Rutu is in the water and has tension on the
rigging if the frame racks even a little I will never get the drawers open
again. I am thinking I should plane the drawer faces down a little but how
much allowance should I give for movement?

With your usual attention to detail, you ensured the stack was
supported on three hard points, and tethered compliantly with perhaps
three somewhat flexible tethers.
You did didn't you?
If not, a shakedown trip will confirm the stiffness of the hull.

Brian W