Lee Haefele

There are many boaters with children onboard, the children always seem more
mature and capable than others.
I am wondering if the kids would stay more interested in a Bahamas trip than
a US trip. There is some stretches of open water, but you can do the whole
country without any sections over 50 miles.
In the US, you can get wireless high speed internet from cell phone
companies. Satellite internet has so few minutes/$ that it is not practical
for web surfing. (Globalstar is $100/month for 400 minutes) That said, of
all the kids I have met aboard, none had onboard internet.
If you have not found your boat yet, stay away from planing hull
powerboats, the fuel use is massive (MPG=.5 to 1 MPG), then the resulting
range is short. Some gas powered 30' boats have a total range of only 70
miles!
Lee Haefele
Nauticat 33 Motorsailer, Alesto, currently anchored Salinas, PR
"K. Smith" wrote in message
Jack Dale wrote:
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:51:54 -0500, "Paul Schilter"
paulschilter@comcast dot net wrote:

Tuuk,
From what I've read, home schooler's excel above the other students.
I'm sure some parents are better at this than others but the figures
said they for the most part are doing very well.
Paul