krj

Dick wrote:
We would take our boys who will be 14 and 15 and
home schooling them on the boat, using a prepared curriculum and a
satellite Internet connection.

We home schooled our daugther for 1st and 2nd grade while cruising on Mexico
west coast. It was with the San Diego schools. We used there guidlines but we
could use the material that we wanted. We liked the choice of material because
we could apply what we were seeing in the class. If you have a perpared
curriculum it will not be about what is around you which makes for extra work
for the kids. We had a science project every week. We would go to the beach and
look for science stuff to do. Everytrip to town was a Social Studies class.

The prepared curriculum is easier on you, because you do not have to prepare
it. With your plan to do 5000 miles in one year this maybe a good choice for
you. You won't have time to see much of what is around you anyway.

The experience was good for our daughter. She is now 14 and in 9th grade and
has had a 4.0 for the last two years.

Dick

Maybe she learned the difference between "there" and "their" in school.