Jack Dale

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:44:04 -0600, Tamaroak
wrote:

My bride and I are considering taking a year off and doing the Great
Circle Route/Loop, a mere 5000 miles around the east coast, the Erie
Canal and the Tenn-Tom. We would take our boys who will be 14 and 15 and
home schooling them on the boat, using a prepared curriculum and a
satellite Internet connection.

Does anyone out there have any experience in this type of adventure?

No personal experience - no kids. But I would recommend reading some
books by Liza Copeland

Just Cruising
Still Cruising
Cruising for Cowards
and some others which do not spring to mind.

She has an article on SailNet, on the topic
http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...eid=copela0008

Jack

Jack Dale
Swiftsure Sailing Academy