DSK

What's wrong with Jeanneau? That name has gone on a lot of different boats
built in different plants. Some are very respectably well-built.

Maxprop wrote:
They aren't bad, but they really are no better than Beneteau or Dufour.

Did you not process that above info some how?

You may have checked out a Jeanneau built for charter, or a BenT built
in SC to compete with Hunters & Catalinas.

Listen carefully- not *all* Jeanneaus were built by the same people same
plant etc etc. Got it?

Some Jeanneaus are quite well built. For a while they were building
semi-custom boats with Kevlar hulls. Robert Perry once wrote that a
Jeanneau he sailed was "one of the best built boats I've seen."

They are all boats priced to sell in a range that is similar to or slightly
more than Catalina and Hunter boats.

No, they're not.

I think there is relatively little point in comparing custom built boats
to mass-produced ones.

Granted some of them are custom or semi-custom. Especially Morris,
Hinckley, Shannon, and Kantor. The others are generally production boats,
but far from the production levels as, say, Beneteau, which is the largest
producer of yachts in the world.

You can build a lot and still build well. You can also build custom
boats that are crap. It all depends on where the money goes.

That said, the best built boat I have ever personally inspected was an
Oyster. But Kirie has also done impressive job on many of their boats, and
the Dufour built Dynamique is the equal of any other semi-custom you can
name.

Haven't seen the Dynamique--only photos. Agreed that Oyster is an
impressive boat. The finest boat I've ever seen was a Stellar, unless we're
talking about megayachts.

Never heard of a Stellar.

The Oyster was extremely impressive. It was like a textbook example of
how to build a boat perfectly.

The Fleming line of motor yachts is also quite impressively well built.

Max your emotional commitment to political jokes is getting the better of
you again....

Huh?

Re-naming your French fries?

DSK