Evan Gatehouse

"Roger Long" wrote in message

Nice looking design. I'll have to confess that you've got me thinking

about
whether a nesting boat would make sense. I rejected it out of hand

because
of lack of space to assemble on a 32 foot boat. However, if I made the
forward lifelines dropable on both sides, maybe I could stick the ends out
port and starboard. That still leaves the weight problem. Even getting

an
8 footer on board will take some tugging or creative use of the jib

halyard.

BTW take a look at the boats I design in my day job he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma

On our 30' cutter we assembled our FB11 across the lifelines, actually using
them to support the ends while we bolted together the middle bulkhead. 4 x
5/16" bolts, 2 below waterline and 2 near sheer with rubber washers + fender
washers + wingnuts held it all together.

It was very light and I usually just threw the assembled boat over the side
with a big splash. Retrieval was with a halyard. I really like nesting
dinghies. With practice it was a 5 minute job to assemble, most of the time
was spent untying the ropes holding the two pieces down.

If you need a big clunky thing for a mooring, check out my GV11 in the Power
Boats section of the same website for inspiration. I've had 6 adults + 1
kid and it motored along very nicely with a 3 HP outboard. Generally this
wide flat hull form is great for non-boating guests.

My day job:

www.ral.bc.ca

My old one (more fun)

www.farrdesign.com

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)