Jim Conlin

There are two groups on yahoo that might be helpful with this- the
F-boats group and the Multihull boat builder group.

Secondly, if you've gotten this far in building a fairly light 32' tri,
there has been some engineering done. Your designer/engineer should
have opinions on this question.

wrote:

Carbon Rotating mast selection

Hi all,

I am just finishing up building my own 32' trimaran. But once
finished I will need to put it into the water and having a mast that
the sails go on would be great. The boat is similar to a corsair 31r in
many regards. It is actually a bit lighter that they are, even with all
the goodies. My question is what should I be looking for in the mast
section I choose. It will be a rotating mast with single spreaders. I
was thinking about a wing mast 9in x 4in or so. What Ixx and Iyy should
I be looking for?

Thanks for any of your help.

Gilbert Landon