Maxprop

"DSK" wrote in message

"Maxprop" scribbled thusly:
Of those you list, Henri Wauquiez is far and away the best builder.
Dufour, Lagoon, and the others are Beneteau/Jeanneau-quality boats.

What's wrong with Jeanneau? That name has gone on a lot of different boats
built in different plants. Some are very respectably well-built.

They aren't bad, but they really are no better than Beneteau or Dufour.
They are all boats priced to sell in a range that is similar to or slightly
more than Catalina and Hunter boats. I prefer them to the two American
boats, but probably not enough to buy one.

Never heard of Multiplast. Looks interesting.

I saw something about them in a Brit sailing magazine a few years back.
Mostly racing or handicap designs, IIRC. Oz can correct me if I'm wrong.
They looked okay, but without seeing them in the flesh (fiberglass?) who
knows.

Careful, you're getting a Boobsie complex.

Not really. I don't have any one of those boats, not that I wouldn't love
to own one. If I were Bubbles, I'd claim to have one of each, all given to
me by gorgeous women who can't live without my body.

I think there is relatively little point in comparing custom built boats
to mass-produced ones.

Granted some of them are custom or semi-custom. Especially Morris,
Hinckley, Shannon, and Kantor. The others are generally production boats,
but far from the production levels as, say, Beneteau, which is the largest
producer of yachts in the world.

That said, the best built boat I have ever personally inspected was an
Oyster. But Kirie has also done impressive job on many of their boats, and
the Dufour built Dynamique is the equal of any other semi-custom you can
name.

Haven't seen the Dynamique--only photos. Agreed that Oyster is an
impressive boat. The finest boat I've ever seen was a Stellar, unless we're
talking about megayachts.

Max your emotional commitment to political jokes is getting the better of
you again....

Huh?

Max