Jay

Default Yamaha SX230?

Maybe Yamaha does it differently, dunno. I would be wary of the
'torque' of an impeller versus a prop. For skiing, wake boarding,
etc, you ned torque. AGAIN (So no one jumps me) I have experience
with a 14' Sea-Doo / 85 HP two stroke. It went staight fast. If you
threw it into a hard turn, it took thirty seconds to start building
speed.

Anyway, I have a 19' Chaparral w/a v6 / 190 that runs 55 MPH. I had
the seadoo by about 3 MPH straigh and a full lake if they had to turn
the Sea-doo.

The benefit of the Sea-Doo was light (1400 lbs), no 'transmission',
and a two stroke. BUT it likes to cruise @ 4500 RPM. My 4 stroke
cruises at 2900 RPM.

Good luck, seams like you are doing your due dilligence.

-jjj