stayinalive

For bracing, look for the
February issue of Seakayaker for an article called "Bracing Drills".
How do
I know about the article if it hasn't come out yet? I wrote it.

Yes I've read your recent article on the high brace save and have a
couple of questions? One, why hasn't this manuever been suggested
before? Is it because most instructors are reluctant to recommend
something which missused by a novice might lead to shoulder injury?
Two, would you recommend starting off with a paddle float to at least
learn the correct arm position? You could lay over very gently with the
float in the water and let the outboard arm rise up until the paddle
was in the best postion for bracing before hip snapping up.
Gene Cosloy