Remco

Default Question on Sea King 12HP Montgomery Ward/OMC Gale Outboard

Hi All

I am not sure if this topic is OT on this group or not (outboard
repair) -- please direct me to the correct group if so.

I recently bought a 1954/55 Sea King Outboard made by OMC Gale for
Montgomery Ward, pn GG9016A, serial 55X577583. It will be tied to a
similar vintage wood Dory I am restoring -- it will look great
together.

Bought it seized, got it unseized and it now wants to start since only
one plug has spark. After taking the flywheel off, found one of the
coils to be bad.

Where can I find parts (coils, points, head seal, carb kit, etc) for an
engine like this? Would love to have a manual - the motor is pretty
simple, but there must be some 'ins and outs' useful knowing.
I've heard that it Johnson has a very similar 15HP motor but can't find
a definitive cross.

Remco