On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, OzOne wrote:

scribbled thusly:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, "Maxprop" wrote:

. . . Henri Wauquiez is far and away the best
builder. Dufour, Lagoon, and the others are
Beneteau/Jeanneau-quality boats. * * *

Isn't Wauquiez (like Jenneau) now owned (and built) by Beneteau?

Not when I last looked.
They 're still quite independent AFAIK.

Ah - the wonders on the one hand of brandin (what "OzOne" thinks s/he
remembers when s/he "last looked" and on the other hand also the
wonders of that very self-protective "when I last looked" (compared
with, "yes" or "no" or "in part")!

I wasn't sure what I though I remembered about when I last looked also
and yet, now prompted by the semi-evasive "OzOne" response above to my
own question whose answer I really did not know when I posted it, a
just quickly done www search elicits:

Beneteau (at first: quitely) acquired a controlling interest in
Wauquiez in 1997 [sic!] and now the "Beneteau Group" includes, besides
Beneteau and Jenneau (and an about to be launched line of
semi-"budget" boats), "five factories in the Vendee area of France,
and one factory in Marion, South Carolina . . . [and] includes other
yachting companies of CNB, and Wauquiez."

See, -
http://www.yachts.com/builders/saili...au-Yachts.html
www.beneteau-group.com/$gp/accueil.do?langue=en

. . . not that any of this matters, especially . . .