Don White

"Roger Long" wrote in message
You really have got me thinking about a nesting boat.

I've looked at the capacity and stability of the 8 footer. While it would
be a cool little boat, it would be most appropriate for a singlehander or

light weight couple. We'll be sailing with two big kids and guests, I

don't
think a dinghy this small is going to cut it. It would take three adults

in
calm water but the ferrying time under oars for six people on a weekend

sail
will just be too much.

snip

When we had a full crew and the Mirage 33 was on a mooring ball, two of us
would take a small dinghy out, start up the boat and motor to the little
'service' dock you see at most boat clubs. Then the rest of the crew/guests
boarded for the afternoon sail. On return, same procedure in reverse.