TomS

Default SSB ground on carbon fibre hull

1. Does anybody have experience on making a SSB ground system on a carbon
fibre hull?
2. Has anyone used sheets of metal (stainless stainless or copper) glued to
the inside of the hull instead of laminating copper starps to the hull?
Dynaplates or similar can not be used due to the drag that they create,
neither can they be recessed into the hull as cutting in to the hull is not
an option due to directinal fibres in the hull.

My idea is to use 4pcs of 30cm by 50cm 0,5mm thick AISI316 plates glued to
the inside of the hull as groundplane. Any ideas or experience?

In theory the hull could be my ground plane, as carbon is a pretty good
conductor, but dont know..?!

How does carbon fibre work as a dielectric? Just wondering how the
capacitive coupling would work.

Regards, and Merry Christmas to you all
TomS