Wayne.B

On 23 Dec 2004 00:13:55 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

I have sailed upwind in winds of 42+ and gusting and have never seen the "tops
ripped off the waves". I have also walked up on the foredeck up close and
personal in 35 knot winds to take down one sail and put up another and have
never seen the "tops ripped off the waves". I have also sailed offshore in 40+
knot winds and have never seen the "tops ripped off waves".

Maybe my eyesight has gone all to hell?

That would be my guess. Maybe your eyes were closed?

The problem is definitely somewhere above your neck.

Tell us about upwind in 42+. What sails were you flying and on what
kind of boat? Did you soil your speedos?