James

JAXAshby wrote:
Somewhere between 30 and 35 knots the wind begins to rip off the wave
tops and send them through the air like the stream from a fire hose.

I have sailed upwind in winds of 42+ and gusting and have never seen the "tops
ripped off the waves". I have also walked up on the foredeck up close and
personal in 35 knot winds to take down one sail and put up another and have
never seen the "tops ripped off the waves". I have also sailed offshore in 40+
knot winds and have never seen the "tops ripped off waves".

Maybe my eyesight has gone all to hell?

Now Jax, don't be such an idgit, dood.

PC based sailing simulated 40+ knot winds don't count. Ask your wife
(after you re-inflate her that is) if some day you can go for a ride on
a REAL boat.

Dood, you have to get out on a real boat...computer silumations are not
the same thing. You'll see waves and birds and all kinds of things if
you can get a ride on somebodies boat some day.

Any volunteers want to take Jaxie Dood for a sail? He'll stay outside in
case he gets scared and urinates by accident. It only happened twice
using the simulator but you can't be too careful.

Let's have a show of hands.