DSK

katysails wrote:
Doug,
I'm not one to put down people for having trawlers..i think they're nice and
have their place...but i can't imagine just taking the trawler out for an
afternoon spin...noisy....just not my thing...

It's not noisy, the engine room is very well insulated. At our normal
running speed, you can tell it's running, but you can also hear a
whisper. Throttling up increases the volume obviously, but it's also
wasteful as it primarily makes more wake. The boat will only go about 8
1/4 which is hardly thrilling, so why push it.

It's fun but it's a different kind of fun than sailing. We enjoy
exploring creeks & lagoons that sailboats can't get into. We also enjoy
going out on cold and/or rainy days when sailing is miserable but the
river is still there to be enjoyed. The upper deck gives a perspective
that you don't see from the deck of a sailboat. Inside the pilothouse
you can see wildlife but they can't see you and it seems the boat itself
doesn't threaten them as much.

I have enjoyed tugboating more than I thought I would, it has been a
hoot cruising and just riding around. I need to seek the mental
adjustment for enjoyment of working on it, though.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King